Four Weeks to Go
This is a good time to consider whether you might want to hire a self storage unit. This may be because you will be between homes for a while. Alternatively, more and more people are phasing their house move by putting some items into storage in advance of their move. This helps clear boxes out of the way as you pack. It also means there’s less to move on the big day and can create more space in your new home if you want to clean and redecorate when you first move in.
- Call us or better still visit us, for advice and to find out what space you may need for storage
- Contact us for advice on reputable local removal companies, “Man and Van” outfits and van hire companies that we trust and have worked with for many years
- Order your packaging materials. To save you time, Extra Room offers FREE delivery to Nuneaton, Hinckley, Tamworth and Atherstone postal addresses
- Start to pack any non essential items such as out-of-season clothing, together with your best china, glassware, and ornaments. Mark the contents clearly on the side and top of the boxes so that details can still be seen when the boxes are stacked
- Clear out your loft, garage and shed if you have one
- Be ruthless – Take the opportunity to have a really good clear out of the things you don’t need. It will mean you have less to move and less to store saving you time and money. More than this however, it will give you a new start to a more spacious, decluttered life in your new home. See our useful links page for some ideas for recycling your unwanted things.
- Keep all correspondence from your estate agent, your solicitor and the removals company safely together for easy reference